Tuesday 21 April 2009

Will Twenty Be The New Thirty?

After my Easter break, what do I come back to? I‘ll tell you what. Headlines that say “Plans to cut traffic speed limits.”

The Government want to introduce reductions in the speed limit from 30mph to 20mph in urban locations.

I’m no boy racer but isn’t this a bit OTT. Are they questioning our braking reactions? Do they think that our disc brakes aren’t capable of bringing us to a halt in a matter of inches at 30mph?

In this age of environmental awareness they want us to drive around in third gear, burning fuel like it was water and emitting all kinds of nasties into the atmosphere.

Why not enforce the 30mph law by taking the offenders license away for two or three months. That would be more effective than sticking up a sign post saying 20mph!

1 comment:

  1. It's just another rule to control us by! We mustn't smoke in pubs, we mustn't drink more alcohol than THEY say, we mustn't wave St George's flag, it might upset the 'incomers',we must eat 5 fruit and veg, need I go on? (I'm sure you will answer, no, please don't!)

    ReplyDelete